Since becoming a Mum, time to relax, unwind and indulge is both scarce, and entirely precious. A solitary Moroccan rose oil bath followed by swathes of cashmere loungewear and a generous glass of vino is now equally, if not more lust worthy than a night out.
It follows therefore, that when my husband asked me what “Annie” (ahem, “Daddy”) could buy me for Christmas, my list is made up almost entirely of indulgent frivolities designed to appeal to and nurture the senses. From pampering cosmetics to divinely scented candles and beautifully enticing jewellery, here’s my round-up of my favourite Christmas gifts designed to indulgently restore your sense of self. Enjoy!
- Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne – £85 – This Jo Malone scent is so heavenly, it’s the perfect special occasion perfume. A mere spritz will make you feel 10 feet tall…promise!
- M&S Cashmere Mix Cocoon Wrap – £40 – This M&S loungewear range with cashmere, is indulgently soft and effortlessly luxurious, plus the price tag is a wallet friendly alternative to 100% cashmere.
- How to be Parisian Book – £16.99 – Yes, I’m obsessed with Parisian style, and yes this is a coffee table classic! To be consumed simultaneously with a fat glass of red!
- A Rose by Any Other Name Aesop Body Cleanser – £17 – This Aesop body wash combines the traditional scent of rose back with black pepper and cardamom for a uniquely gorgeous twist on a classic.
- Anthropologie Alphabet Mug – £8 – A personalised mug tipped with gold foil…what’s not to love! The perfect mug for kicking back on the sofa in style.
- Diptyque Baises Scented Candle – £40 – My husband and I burnt this divinely perfumed Diptyque candle during our wedding ceremony, this distinct scent evokes amazing memories
- Monica Vinader Personalised Pendants – From £50 – I have a vintage A for Annie pendant, which was a gift from a friend when Annie was born. I wear it everyday and love the idea of passing it down to her when she turns 18. If you love this sentiment, these timeless Monica Vinader necklaces are a great investment for you and your mini.
- M&S Alphabet Scented Candle – £6 – I love all things personalised as they can’t fail but make you feel special. This gorgeously scented candle by M&S is a winner!
- Loaf Hammam Towels – £25 – These stylish lightweight Turkish towels evoke a feeling of an exotic spa escape…one can but dream!
- Glamglow Youthmud Mask – £49.50 – In the search for products that conceal a string of sleepless nights, and help to miraculously restore that long lost glow, Glamglow Youthmud is a definite winner! This is a professional facial in a tub!
- Alphabet Cosmetic Bag by JoJo Accessories – £18 – I’m a big fan these personalised cosmetic purses by JoJo accessories, the delicious combination of grown up ticking stripe paired back with girlish glitter appeal to my inner magpie! Perfect for housing luxury cosmetics!
- Pixie Glow Tonic – £18 – I’m yet to try this cult glow enhancing beauty tonic by Pixi, but frankly if its good enough to cause a buzz among top beauty bloggers, then it’s good enough for me!
- M&S Colour Pop Pompom Ballet Slippers – £9.50 – A Christmas gift list would not be complete without a touch of tongue in cheek ‘fun’ to make you smile. I ‘LOVE’ these quirky Pompom slipper socks for their unusual colour combo of turquoise and tomato red…plus I know a little lady last who will find them equally as cool.
- Z for Accessorize Constellation Pendant – £19 – If you’re in the mood for sophisticated sparkle, Z for accessories provides a gorgeously stylish range of gold-plated, purse friendly jewellery.
- Ren Moroccan Rose Dry Body Oil – £26 – I love anything and everything from the Ren Moroccan Rose family. I’m excited to try this dry oil which promises to absorb easily without leaving you feeling greasy.
- M&S Cashmere Mix Jogger – £35 – As above.